Wednesday 31 August 2011

Yardage Completed

The yardage is off the loom. It is not yet washed and felted. The section on the left of the photo shows the reverse of the fabric. There is quite a lot of it and I will have to lay out a pattern to see whether I can get a coat out of it.

Yesterday I was exhausted at the end of the day.

1) I completed the special issue of the Shuttle and emailed it to the printer. He raised two queries and I changed those and emailed it back. Since then silence.

2) I set about the Exhibition to be held in October/November. This meant typing out lists of  entries for the Rainbow of Scarves and the cushions, realising that I was short of complete data and emailing everyone to get it. A lot of people have replied but not everyone.
3) I selected photos of the looms at the Newbury Coat event. Linda Scurr is writing two articles, one for Handwoven!! Fame at last.
4) I created a new A1 poster on the topic of the Newbury Coat in 2011

The Guild seems to have taken up a lot of life recently. I did see to the Diversified Plain Weave draft for the next thing on the Megado. The draft is done but tonight I need to check through the calculations of how much yarn I need. I am off to Oxford in a few minutes to visit teh Ashmolean so the ordering cannot be done until tomorrow anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.