Some months ago, I started out on a bookbinding project using The Owl and the PussyCat as the text. The idea was to make a concertina book with a verse on every page and an appropriate linocut on every page. But first I did one using photos, partly to see how it should be laid out. That was not quite okay so I did another one with different photos andtat looked as though it would work using that layout and photos. So the linocuts were of the cat, the owl(based on one of my grandson`s photos), the peagreen boat (North Norfolk photo), the bong tree (Boabab tree in Namibia), a gold ring, a spoon, a guitar. The spoon and the guitar on the first go were too small and I could not get the detail in. So I made those two three times bigger. Which is fine because all the lino cuts were integrated into the book in Photoshop. First one made was not okay because I printed on photocopy paper and used PVA to glue up. End results wrinkles everywhere. The next three were printed on 160gsm cartridge paper and glued up using a Pritt stick!! They look fine. The paper is a little thick for creasing and I think 130 gsm paper would be better but the 160 gsm stands up by itself with no need for a stiffening of the covers.
As you can see, this all took time. But the results are okay.
So that is that project completed and I have started on a reduction print. Never done one before and it could easily go very wrong.
And to cheer up the whole family Libby can stand up very securely if her Dad holds her hands. Not walking off yet. I have some photos but I do not feel I should include them here. Very cheering in this lockdown where I am very bored.