This is the resleyed purple scarf on the Louet Kombo. I added an inch worth of warp either side to make it up to 10.5 inches wide. This has toned down the colour and I like it.
The black jacket last mentioned before Christmas has had the buttonholes done, the buttons sewn on and given a good pressing. Michael took some photos but the texture pattern of the fabric is not visible and there seems no point in showing me in a black jacket when you can't appreciate the on-the-bias collar and other such details.
I am off to Wales tomorrow for two days to look at four weaving Exhibitions - going with Linda Scurr and Rosie Price. We have to visit a chocolate factory and a waffle factory too. So watch for lots of reviews and pictures.
Talking of reviews and pictures, I was sent a copy of the London Guild's Newsletter. It is very grand - a special edition for the 60th year of London Guild and it contains a review of my talk to them on Silk. Very flattering and with some smashing photos!!
The other decision of importance is that I am no longer going on holiday to Kuala Lumpur at the end of October. The McMillan nurse thought it was a bad idea and, when we worked out that it would take me 48 hours to get home if there was an emergency with Michael, I decided she was right. So I am going to go on a three-day course at Broadway with Samantha Dadd. I will commute daily to Broadway - Google says it should only 50 minutes in the car. I need to talk to Samantha about what I am going to do there. More on that later. At the present moment I am at the incoherent stage. Perhaps if I write it all down, I will know what I think.
I think I am going in the wrong direction with my weaving and, instead of hopping about between techniques, I should concentrate on one technique. In particular, I am bothered about colour. This is because I know the effect I want to achieve but I don't know how to get there. With the piece for Convergence 2010, I ended up by matching every silk yarn on an RGB scale, then building those colours into Fibreworks and then selecting the colours almost individually across 1500 threads. There must be a better way!! It took a long time with 17 colours.