Monday 1 August 2011

Tidying Up

Today I tidied up the photos, discarding the useless ones and editting some. Then I stuck lots of receipts, tickets and photos into the journal I kept of the holiday. I have cut out quite a few pages so that the spine of the journal does not bulge too much but the book still bulges!! I am going to some courses at the Festival of Quilts and have decided to do a work on Taiwan. So there has been much printing out of photos. The journal is covered in cloth and says Malaysia. It was a Christmas present to me from KL in 2009 and I have been saving it up. I have used about half of it. I shall use the other half for my Japanese trip. Did I say was off to Tokyo, Kyoto and Okinawa later this year? Very exciting.


On the textile side, I need to fetch my sewing machine back - it is being serviced. And I have started warping up the log cabin scarf on the Voyager. I have done this before but it seems awfully difficult to keep track of things this time. Partly because it is in two shades of yellow. Any errors will show up badly and I will have to rethread. I should have it finished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.