Sunday 21 August 2011

No Projects Today

No textile work at all today. Instead a massive tidy up in the Megado room where it is now possible to do some work since there are now a few cleared surfaces!**** The problem is that I have been away or had visitors for 6 weeks and it is telling on the house. The other thing I did was catch up with the post which took much longer than I thought. Including an incomprehensible letter from the bank about the safe deposit. It only holds documents but I can't work out quite what I am allowed to do with them from September onwards. Other than that, the In-tray is empty!

I have picked a lot of peaches, a  washhand basin full, and now have the problem of dealing with them. And I am going out this evening to see a live broadcast from Glyndebourne. If I get back early enough I will think about the peach problem then. Options are

- freeze some of them
- stew some of them
- make peach icecream - have I the ingredients?
- make peach sorbet. Never done that but I do have the ingredients
- eat some of them. While this is a  desirable option, it doesn't get rid of them fast enough.

 Did I say that the peachtree is still carrying a lot of fruit?

 And if all that were not bad enough, I had hoped to start work on the document about the Newbury Coat but that has not happened either. Now I am going to sit down and have a cup of tea and a piece of cake.

**** Wonderful joke which creased Michael. Some friends were extending their house by converting the garage and were using an architect. Janet is a state-of-the-art space person of some importance and the house is always full of teetering piles of documents. I have actually seen the ironing board with four piles of paper on it each carefully labelled. When they were preparing a brief for the extension which is going to hold their bedroom, Mike wanted to include 'There shall be no horizontal surfaces' in the specification for their bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.