Saturday 27 August 2011

The Newbury Coat - I'm Dead

The Newbury Coat issue was finished and despatched to Linda Scurr for checking. So that was done last night and I spent the next couple of hours, changing things and filling in the gaps. I got it all done and emailed it out to someone who is going to proof read it (he used to be a proof reader). So today will be my own and I think I will go and see the Capability Brown exhibition as the weather is set fair.

I I made up five of the cushions yesterday and this morning. These are the ones with a mid-blue indigo warp and various natural dyed wefts. I still have five more cushions to do! Two have a dark blue indigo weft. Although I have some matching cotton for the cushion backs, I have no matching sewing thread. So they will have to wait till I get to a suitable shop. I also have three cream/natural warp ones to do and will set about them later today.

Now the Newbury Coat issue of the Shuttle is about finished, I have been thinking about the exhibition in October/November and realised that I have a bit to do there. Mostly emailing everyone about labelling and collection. But also Chris Fletcher and I agreed to make cards up for sale and I intended to weave some more DPW  which I wanted to do on the Megado. It will be practice for the entry for Small Expressions but it needs to be done soon!! So it is time to put the last bit of the cushion yarn onto the Megado. I have designed it, just have to wind the warp and get it on. Isn't it strange how you set out on a project and work backwards through the things that must be done first and end up with having to turn out a couple of cupboards or similar?

3 comments:

  1. Dorothy Eggleton27 August 2011 at 08:41

    The cusions are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorothy Eggleton27 August 2011 at 08:42

    sorry about the spelling mistake

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite pleased with them. The two at the back are going to Debbie Fisher who supplied all the yarn at a very favourable rate since it was KV Guild.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.