I have turned the blanket and changed the towels frequently and, when I inspected late this afternoon, it was nearly dry so I put it outside on towels just to finish it off and it was dry in no time.
There was nowhere I could hang it up and show it all so I laid on the grass.
And draped over a garden chair. For the record, the shrinkage after washing was 8% in width and 4% in lengthy. It is beautifully soft so I clearly thumped the grease out of the yarn.
I have also dealt with the rounding of the latest book and done the spine as per the class last week. No where near the end yet but I am trying hard. I will take some photos when I start on the covers which will be tomorrow as it is drying at the moment.
Gardening has been done. Pruning, weeding, planting seeds and watering.
That blanket is beautiful! Good work.ReplyDelete
It feels very soft and cuddly. The major problem is that the spinning is quite variable in thickness and I did not have enough to select but had to use what I was given. So there is a bit of undulating twill about the finished product!ReplyDelete