Wednesday 18 June 2014

A Black Eye

I am not feeling too good and do not look too good either. I managed to hit myself on the garage door last night and have a spectacular black eye today. I have very little enthusiasm for doing much.
 
I did manage to warp up a scarf on Monday which was based on some yarn which was injected dyed at the Hampshire Guild meeting. I finished weaving it yesterday, mended it, fringed it and washed it.

I have put the injection acid dyed yarn (red and purple) in the three central stripes and used up other bits and pieces of dyed handspun to make the other stripes. The weft is all handspun in natural dyed colours, sludge green, brown and yellow. Though to be honest, when woven and washed, I cannot see any colour difference in the weft! It is lovely and soft.
 
I also set about the warp yarn for the small Newbury Coat. I have dyed a lot of the warp yarn and decided the only way of checking whether I had enough was to wind the warp. So I did that and I have exactly enough when I include the three skeins I have not yet dyed.  So I have asked the spinners for another 150 to 200 gms - just in case.
 
I ought to start weaving on the Megado but I don 't feel like it and may put that off till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.