Monday 11 August 2014

More Tidying Up

I can at last see the surface of the desk in the office. I have printed out photos, pasted them into notebooks and generally filed a lot of stuff away. I have also wound more than half the Hana-ori warp. But also
dealt with the above. I have had it for several years , given to me by a Burmese friend. It is backed with black fabric but the problem has been that there are no facilities for using it as a or hanging it so it has been pinned to a padded board. But this has bothered me as a temporary measure. It is unsuitable as a cushion anyway because it is very padded and heavily embroidered with sequins. So this morning, at last, I put a quilt hanging sleeve on it in black cotton and it is now hung up in the studio in a much better place, showing off to advantage.

My sister, Dorothy, gave me instructions ages ago on how to apply a hanging sleeve. It's the kind of technique non-quilters do not know about. Which reminds me, she is currently on holiday in Skye with her grand-daughter (and others, of course, but they are not important). I have several very short emails which are ' Very wet and windy', 'Pouring', 'Spectacular sunset'. The weather seems to change a lot there.
 
Now off to finish the Richter Stained Glass piece of which more tomorrow when I take some photos.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.