Friday 1 August 2014

Megado up and running

The new warp for the small Newbury Coat was tied on before I left for Convergence. It is now wound on and tied on.

 Lots of skeins for the weft have been prepared and are ready to be dyed on Sunday. But I am not dyeing all the yarn I have because there is far too much. I will take some to the Guild tomorrow and see if anyone wants to dye them. I will have an indigo vat and am going to try an experiment. I dyed a warp some weeks ago and wove it up with a white weft yarn. The warp was blue/green. Being honest, I do not like the results. Far too much in your face. So I thought I would try overdyeing with indigo, just a little bit to see how it goes.This is a direct result of the Convergence course Rosie and Debbie went onl post teh. I have usually weave up a space dyed warp with a white weft. I have gone off that idea completely  and have become much fussier about the weft.

I have been thinking about the BLURB book on Michael's painting for too long. I cannot remember whether it is one year or two since I abandoned it but certainly a long time. This is due to me not liking how I was laying it out. I eventually decided I had to include some details of his life and wrote to several people to get the facts. This data has all turned up at which point I realised that the book was on my laptop - which was one reason I was unhappy - not a big enough screen. So yesterday I installed BLURB on my desktop and set about changing  the book. I have revamped what I had written and put in a lot more of his paintings. Going well.

I took this through a window and it was raining hard but it does show how well the campsis is doing. There are several clumps of flowers over the climber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.