Sunday 14 November 2010

Japanese Bookbinding

The class worked incredibly hard and, at times, there was total silence in the hall! This shows some of the results. Every one of the ten students managed to make two books although 3 or 4 will have to finish the sewing at home.  They all seemed happy about this and I think some of them will be going on to do more at home. 

The only annoying thing was entirely my fault. I put all my sample books in a plastic crate and added a carton of milk and, yes you've guessed it, I have milk on three of my sample books. I don't see what I can do except let them dry out and hope the stains are not too bad. One has nearly dried out and you would have to know that there was a stain there to notice.  But one has been soaked. Oh well, there is a moral there somewhere.

I have unloaded the car but have no intention of tidying up till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.