Tuesday 9 November 2010

Getting Ready

It was too cold, just above freezing, to paste fabric to paper today. The garage has no heating and it was not so much my comfort I was worried about as the effect of all this cold on wet paper and fabric. If it continues cold, I will do it in the kitchen on Thursday.

I did finish off the student's handbook on Japanese-style Bookbinding which has turned into a monster with lots of graphics and photos and step by step instructions on how to sew a Japanese style book in four variants. It occurred to me that had I started a lot sooner, it would have been a nice touch to bind it into a Japanese book!! Never mind - next time! 

That took all morning although I did manage to get the table mat warp wound onto the Louet and intend to thread up today as well.

Yesterday was a very enjoyable afternoon shopping in Cheltenham with Anne. Spent a lot of money but mostly on Christmas presents. I admit to buying two pairs of trousers and two cardigans. The cardigans were not essential but the trousers were since I don't own a pair which fit me. I am still losing weight although rather more slowly now. That has one advantage. I don't think twice about  eating cake with my coffee when out!! But as that only happens rarely, it would be okay anyway. It has come to something when a visit to Costa coffee counts as a great treat.

Michael has a visitor today - must go and offer refreshments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.