Thursday 8 July 2010

Third Opera

So we saw Rigoletto last night with Simon Keenlyside as Rigoletto - by far the best performed and produced opera of the three. The Hippodrome stalls were only 75% full though which is a great pity.

After so many nights going very late to bed, I was surprised to find I was not tired this morning and got up at 6 o'clock. I set about creating a Proforma Invoice, filled up all the forms and the Air Way Bill for DHL and then called them at 9 o'clock. It has gone. Too late now for second thoughts. The Voyager got some attention. It has the devore scarf on it and I have started weaving with Hunter's Green tencel which is much darker than the sample's sage green. The fabric looks much better. Since it is only tabby, I am making great progress, 20 inches already today. I might get a bit more done before bed. I could do with finishing it and then warping up for caladium leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.