Wednesday 14 July 2010

Haiku

I have been bothered recently by not being able to remember a haiku about morning glory and a well and it is not the famous one which goes

  • morning glory!
  • the well bucket-entangled,
  • I ask for water
I am bothered by the thought that I am remembering a different translation. I have been hunting through  our books to see if we have it anywhere. In between hunting, I have got the warp for caladium leaves on the Megado and half of it is threaded up. It's a dawdle! 24 epi and a nice yarn (2/12 cotton) which slides easily through the lease sticks. I might have it finished today but I have Wednesday afternoon off and am going to Worcester to have a hair cut. We decided to keep my Wednesday afternoons off even when the bookbinding class is on holiday. I have signed up for bookbinding  next year and intend to get to grips with leather!! I have also signed up for a class (halfday a week) at Bournville College of Art on Creative Textiles. That starts in early September.

On the way back from Worcester, I will look in at the Plough and Harrow and see if it is suitable for a wheelchair. I hear good things about the food there. We have discovered that the local Community owns a vehicle kitted out for a wheelchair which you can hire by the day or by the hour. This might make a big difference to our lives. We have been thinking about buying such a vehicle and I would not mind trying one first.

1 comment:

  1. hi Pat,
    is this the haiku?

    ah! the blossoming morning glory
    deep pools of blue

    buson

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.