Tuesday 27 July 2010

Caladium Leaves (4)

I have woven off as much in the way of birds as I want and went back to caladium leaves and have woven a lot more - to use as book covers. But I still have a lot of warp left.

So I have played with advancing twills in the weft only. I may have a lot of warp left but am not enthusiastic enough about it to  rethread and resley.

Two of the results are shown here, each with firstly a black weft and secondly a white weft. This is just to give an idea of what happens with a very dark and a very light weft.







I am not sure I like any of these because of the warp stripes.

A much better effective is obtained by changing face - see last photo. I have enough warp left to try several of these options.
































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.