Friday 9 May 2014

PortomarinotoPalasdelRes

This day's walk was over 24.8. Km which I reckoned to be too much for me. I need to explain how the tour system works. We have a small rather posh bus. This takes us from our hotel which is not necessarily on the Camino to the start of the day's walk. We have two or three way points on the Camino. Where the bus is waiting for us. It has supplies of fruit and snacks on board plus water, lots of it. This means that I was able to skip the first 8 km which were up a very steep hill and join the rest of the hardy band at that point. So I walked 16.5 km. Lovely countryside, isolated hamlets, and very up and down. So I may have skipped the first steep hills but there was plenty of up in the bit I did.

Tonight we are in a hotel a long way from the Camino. Created from an old fortified house, it is very comfortable. We are going to have dinner here in a few minutes and it is said that the restaurant is very noted. Since we eat fruit and nuts through the day, we are all hungry.

Typical scenery on this day's walk. Hilly! It was very sunny again today and despite the factor 30, I am radiating back at the world. I am okay as far as joints are considered but my socks were very dirty when I reached here.

We visited a church which is very ancient. As far as I could understand there has been a church in this place since the seventh century. I think the one here now is 11th century complete with Crusader's tomb.

I am writing this in bed and had better get up. We move to another hotel tonight and stay three for two nights. I must get some washing done.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.