Here is a book bound in Coptic style with end bands. It does make the book much sturdier and the pages still lie flat when opened. It is not perfect. The proportions are not right. I think the holes in the cover for the end bands should have been 5 mm nearer the top and bottom edges. The height of the book is 140 mm. And it is untidy inside because you can see where I have finished off the thread. I must re-read Keith Smith's books and see if there are any hints there. But on the whole it is not bad seeing that I did it from a single photo of a finished book. The cover is of Japanese printed cotton.
All the dyed yarns and fabrics have been washed and are drying. I am glad to have completed those two books this week as I must warp up tomorrow.