I took the Diversified Plain Weave off the Megado this morning and this is inspection time. For Rosie Price's sheep, I have added a piece of ribbon with flowers on it below and a piece of space dyed cotton above and mounted the whole on pelmet vilene, thend sewed on ribbon at each end so that the edges can be pulled in to form a circle and it can stand up by itself. But it can equally well be mounted flat. The sheep were woven in heather-coloured chenille and have blue sequins for eyes.
At the bottom are a whole lot of candles. I shall paint over all the flames with gold paint. I might put on one very large candle in the centre. At the top is the tail end of a piece of fabric which is sort-of Art Deco. Quite pleasing. These are deemed a success. The candles are intended for an exhibition in West Bromwich.
This is another sort of Art Deco piece and I like this too.
This had a painted warp to simulate the sky at night and the pattern in red lurex is lost.
The Catherine wheels in silver lurex at the bottom have worked and show up well (better than in the photo) but the rockets do not show up well even when you are close to the piece. I suppose this is saying that a dark pattern against a pale background is best. This was intended for an exhibition on 'Festivals and Celebration' in West Bromwich but, unless I can come up with some way of rescuing this piece, it is not going to be submitted.
The Megado has been tidied up but I still have not decided what to weave next. I do have an ikat warp ready for the Voyager. Unless I work myself up to the donsu, it will be the ikat. On the other hand I do have some unfinished Coptic books.