These are the three skeins of wool/silk I dyed in the kitchen in the bad weather last week. Various strengths of violet acid dye were used. I will start winding the warps today. I intend to wind each skein into 4 identical warps , strap them together, fold into three and tie up with raffia. Then they will be dyed with full strength acid dye, again violet. This is going to be interesting.
The warp is based on one of those done at the creative Development course in late October.
I have some nice skeins of Alchemy yarns which are the perfect colours to go with the acid dyed violet skeins.
I showed a sample piece of Mola work derived from a screen print a day or two ago. This is the final version on a calico shopping bag. Both sides are the same. I cut the bottom layer of fabric large and then use Bondaweb round the edges when the stitching was finished, to anchor it on the inside of the bag. You can see its dark shadow round the motif. I wondered about sewing the piece of fabric on round the edges but decided I did not like the idea of having the stitching visible on the outside.
This is a motif based on calladium leaves for the front of a gilet. I quite like it on the dark green background but I think I will apply just the motif to the gilet. Originally I was going to make the gilet out of plain calico but I am turning against this idea and am asking myself what I have in the fabric stash which is a bit better than that. I could always dye the calico. I have a roll of Japanese fabric which is silver on pale blue. I wonder.
I intend to embroider the motif before deciding on the gilet fabric. I still have the other front to do as well as the back.