Wednesday 8 December 2010

The current multicoloured warp on the Megado has made it to within 2 inches of the knots in the ghost warp. Here is it with the seam on the end showing.  The reed is at the top. The fabric is now cut off and I have to do minor repairs which I can do sitting by Michael's bedside. 

I had thought of putting on the  warp for the Tencel curtain but decided against this as the ghost warp was designed for a thicker yarn and, if I re-sleyed to what I need for a 2/20 Tencel , the fabric would be too narrow. So I shall brave the garage and see if it is possible to do any dyeing.

I have nearly finished tying on the new Summer and Winter warp on the Louet Kombo. Another half hour will see it finished this morning.

Michael went into St Richards Hospice yesterday for a blood transfusion. They decided to spread it out over two days so kept him in. Which is why I managed to get so much done yesterday. In the evening, braving my memories after the debacle of The Tales of Hoffman, I watched The Halfway House. A black and white film of 1944 made by Ealing Studios, it is described as a horror film on the web - which it is not. A very odd sort of ghost story perhaps. Anyway my memory was right this time. It was as good as I remembered. I recommend it to your attention.

Mind you, you won't find it on Amazon. My son-in-law managed to get a DVD of it from somewhere.

My sister, Dorothy, and I had a long conversation about the films of our youth after my outburst about the Tales of Hoffman, She remembers the Barcarolle vividly. She thinks we saw it at the Cameo (Edinburgh).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.