Tuesday 21 December 2010

Multicolour Warp 1

Multicoloured Warp 1 has been made up into 3 cushions. The backs are a plain dark brown and the fastening is across the middle of the back with Velcro.

I have been investigating diversified plain weave. I was very taken with Tien Chiu's version  which has plum blossom. So I looked it up on the web and ended up by discovering that I already have a book about this. It formed bedtime reading last night. Calladium leaves ,anyone? I am partway through sewing the lining for the gilet. I might get it finished to wear over Christmas.


The road outside is littered with abandoned cars slewed across the road - not helpful at all. I have a lot of shopping to do and inspected the road this afternoon. Even the 4x4s are taking the hill cautiously. I decided to be a coward and go shopping tomorrow when there are others around to come too.

The Kuala Lumpur contingent made it into Heathrow - one of the few planes allowed in. They are currently in London and proposing to drive up tomorrow. Much telephone discussion about routes and what to do if the last 200 yards is impossible. Fortunately the way they are coming in there is a car park off the road on the Common where they can take refuge.

I have made cardamom icecream today and gingerbread. I supposed I ought to tidy up but I remain to be convinced that we will have anyone here over the next few days.

There may be a gap in blogs until December 26th. We (the younger members of the family) have the tree and the house to decorate, while I have  to hang up the cards. We have an ample supply of glass baubles and embroidered animals for the tree but last year the garlands were falling apart so I have invested in a whole lot of new ones. The Christmas tree is a plastic one bought more than 25 years ago and still okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.