Sunday 13 December 2009

Warping Up (4)


The 34 sections are all on. I made changes to the colours around number 30 (numbering from the left). The original plan had several sections of indigo here as at the left-hand end and I decided this was too much so left one section indigo and replaced the next three with two blues, a mid-blue and a gray-blue. I also added extra threads to the right as I don't trust my counting.

And here is it with the lease sticks in and checked, the ties removed and the ends cut to be even and a general tidy-up.

Tomorrow should see the start of threading.

Today it stopped being very foggy and the sun came out so, after lunch,  we went to the Bevere Gallery  which is on the northern out-skirts of Worcester. They were holding their Christmas exhibition with lots of lovely ceramics including some very fine porcelain pieces. Every third piece we saw seemed very desirable. So we had a cup of tea and discussed the paintings of Bewdley in the cafe with the tea lady (that is not a situation you meet very often). Then we inspected everything again and I bought Michael his Christmas present which was a tall porcelain vase. We also acquired a silk flower arrangement of arums - very avant-garde. 

This coming week is full of events. They had better not take up valuable weaving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.