Some years ago we bought a plant of this paeony and, as it is tender, put it in full sun. In the hot summer two years ago, it gave up. However by that time I had six seeds and got six plants. Here are two of the plants which are about a foot high. They are three years old and this is their first flowering. I have chosen a better spot and they are thriving. I have given away 2 plants and two more are in pots. I must find a nice home for them.
Some months ago I used transfer dyes on a piece of silk and cotton fabric. It turned out nicely and I have been wondering what to do with it. Yesterday I machine embroidered a grass on to it, sewed up the sides leaving a two inch gap and turned it. Then laddered stitched the hole. The right hand view is at an angle so looks narrower. It isn't. The fabric has a very nice handle and I must see how much I have left of it.
This is a lined shopper with an internal pocket. It happened because I was looking for some way of using a piece of pink cotton stencilled with the same flower stencil you see on the left. I found a piece of shibori cotton, stencilled it with the Okinawan flowers and added some birds. When the fabric was finished, I decided it just did not marry up well with the original pink piece so found another piece very similar to this and used it to line the bag. I still have the pink bit left!!
I mended a few broken threads in the Megado warp yesterday and this morning started weaving the new feather draft. It looks good. Today's job is to weave a metre of it. Then I can shut, disconnect the computer and get ready for the influx of builders tomorrow.
I feel rather pleased with having completed two projects already. The upstairs rooms need a good turn out but I can do that when the builders are in residence. I could do with a plan chest to hold all my paper.