Tuesday 10 April 2012

Mountains

We are now up in the mountains west of Sydney and very beautiful they are. It is very cold - snow on the wind. I may have to buy everyone a woolly tomorrow if I am going to get them to walk in the forest. We have had a walk round and viewed the attractions. Tomorrow we will go down into the valley and walk in the forest. There will be no photos in this blog because

a) I have not taken any here
b) I am being a mean Scot. The computers in the lobby are free but using an internet connection in my room costs - a lot although not as much as in Sydney.

My bill in Sydney was horrendous due to internet access by us all.

Sydney is a big city with a rather nice harbour - enough said.  Yesterday I travelled out to a Museum at Sydney University. The notes on hours of opening say nothing about the total closure of the University over Easter so I found everything closed.  That's about par for everything in Australia. It all goes wrong. However today has been a distinct improvment. We stopped off to see kangaroos and koalas on the way to the mountains.

It is hoped that normal service will be resumed shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.