Tuesday 9 February 2010

Builders!

Yesterday I had to go to Worcester Royal Infirmary to have my heart monitor examined. While stuck in a traffic jam getting there, it occurred to me that I needed some bone meal to spring dress all the bulbs and Webbs, the best garden centre in the West Midlands, is only just up the road from WRI. And Webbs hosts a Hobbycraft and I could just drop in - - - -. Just checking stock you know. 

Well, of all things, they had printed Japanese washi paper at three A4 sheets for £4.99 which is a lot less than the large sheets I have seen on the web for sale. It can be used on coverboards and as endpapers. I bought one of each of three different packs. Just beside these packs, they had some fancy papers in packs of 20 which are made from undyed cotton waste and have inclusions, like aster petals or soya leaflets. Astonishingly, the packs are labelled as suitable for inkjet and laserjet printers. Another pack was of cotton wove only and is only for laserjets. I can't wait to try these out. A good trip!

My intention today was to do some work (as in get paid for it) and then get everything back into the loom room as I have finished cleaning the carpet. What I did not allow for was the builder who is finishing off the bathroom. That is in the middle of the house and I clearly would be in the way if I spent the morning walking up and down the main corridor. So I have done some odd job sewing and been out to M&S for a present for my step-great-grand-daughter, Isabel. That makes me sound about 100 but the give-away is the 'step'. We acquired two step-grandsons when my youngest daughter married their father and there is an extra 10 years in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.