Wednesday 20 April 2011

I am bored with this draft

I have had three different warps on the same threading using the ghost warp. I have woven enough for four large cushions in cotton, several yards in wool/silk and now a scarf in Tencel. All three treadling were only slightly different and I am distinctly bored with variants on goose eye twill. 
So here is the next piece with a networked draft in the weft and no change in threading. It gives a nice all over texture. If you look carefully, you can see the repeat pattern but it is quite long and difficult to pick out.  I have another network draft which looks totally different and will use it for the rest of the warp when this scarf is finished.

All this deadline stuff is good for me and stops me feeling sorry for myself. That will be the end of the ghost warp but I would use one again.

I have to weave for several hours a day and should have this warp finished in a day or two. I will wind the next warp (the really important one) tomorrow when I go to Reading. It is multicoloured and I have worked out how to warp up most conveniently. I will put the main colour on the sectional warp beam and the others on the second warp beam. 

Lots of paperwork is being done but I can't keep up with the lawyer's requirements. I came away from a meeting yesterday, depressed and wondering how much time this was all going to take. The question is really how much Michael's belongings, particularly his musical instruments, are worth. After much telephone conversation with family, I decided not to tackle this myself but get a valuer in. Now all I have to do is to find one who is knowledgable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.