I tried out strengthening 'Reflections' this morning. I cut a rectangle from the original 1 metre sample and used Bondaweb to apply a piece of nylon organza to the silk. The purpley weave folded over on the left is the fabric front while the blue stuff on the right is lined with organza. It works! It makes the material stiffer without affecting the colour of the fabric at all. I will now apply a strip of organza to the top edge of the fabric and fold it over to make a deep seam which will hold the rod to support the entire fabric. Originally I was going to apply a sleeve but, after discussion with my sister, Dorothy, the deep hem solution seemed best. The organza came from Dorothy. Very useful having a sister like her. You should see her workroom. There are shelves contains boxes full of fabric to the ceiling. And everything is labelled with the type and colour of fabric in the box.
The enamels project progresses and I have found two more crossing threads. Michael has painted a picture for me using gouache on mount board and based on the motifs and colours of the enamels. This will be cut up into 70 mm squares (the size of the enamels) and used to weave a complete replica. I will start on that after lunch.