Thursday 1 September 2016

Milan Airport

So here I am in Milan airport, waiting. Anne drove me down and has done what we did last Saturday. Parked the car here and taken the train into Milan with the rest of the family. They are going to do cultural things rather than shopping things. 

I has enjoyed it here although I did have to say outright that I was having days off. Readers will have noticed the many photos of boats from kids having surfboard lessons to hydrofoils. It really is the best way to get around. I have seen buses using the car ferries which hold about 15 vehicles. When they load a bus, it is carefully positioned in the very centre of the ferry. So much shouting and gesticulation as they decide, they can get one more car on in front of the bus and the rest have to take their chance. I wonder what happens if two buses want to cross.

I have discovered why the ferry from Menaggio to Varenna (on the opposite side from us). There is a railway station at Varenna. No trains on the West side which is where we lived.

I must say I could get used to our breakfast here, plain yoghurt with fresh apricots. But I have never met an apricot that was worth eating raw.
and I have eaten pasta too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.