Thursday 2 February 2012

More Words and Images

This is my latest effort on the theme of 'Words and Images'. It is a calico shopper with letters in words and the other side - - - -  -















has the word Images - but written in fabric with images. A bit jokey but good fun.

Probably more important (to me anyway) is that I had another onslaught on documents.  And I have started on the sectional warp on the Megado. It should be finished the threading today.

I discovered recently that I have no copy of Michael's Morning Glory book for myself so I prepared to bind four. Two are completed and are in the press and two have their covers drying out. They can be finished tomorrow.

I have an easy weekend ahead and am looking forward to completing a few projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.