There is a story behind these flowers. When we moved here 27 years ago, there was one hellebore. We did a lot of replanning and rebuilding of the garden, by which I mean we had the builders in!!! Eventually we got round to the hellebore patch to discover that it had had lots of seedlings and they were all flowering!! Some were lovely and some were awful but they were all very healthy so we dedicated that bit of garden to them. I rogued the poor ones and let the rest get on with it and they repay us every year with a 15 ft long , 3 ft wide bed of bloom. They have been in flower for a month and I guess we have at least another 6 weeks to go.
I was worried about our snowdrops. Two weeks ago, they had not broken through the ground. Where were they all? What were they up to? I can report that they were just resting. Theye have come into full flower in two weeks.
There is nothing to show on the textile front. I have managed to speed up the weaving rate on the Megado. The problem was the sticky, hairy warp and it is double cloth. I was sitting at the loom clearing each shed manually and suddenly thought, 'I've been here before - the Newbury Coat'. Our weaving guru, Mr Skidmore, told us to try spray starch on the Newbury Coat and it worked. I had a can left over from that so I tried it and it makes an enormous difference. At least the warp yarn itself is not disintegrating which held up weaving the Newbury Coat. I managed to weave one foot yesterday and hope to weave two feet today. Blankets fortunately are not large and I think there are eight feet on the Megado.
Tomorrow I am off to Birmingham to attend a Midlands Textile Forum meeting. I will go to the Rag Market before hand. I have been meaning to make this visit for two or three years.