Monday 5 September 2011

Warp Cut off

I gave up on the black and white warp of high twist yarn. When I came to wind it on to the warp beam, I suddenly remembered what it was like - the singles warp for the Newbury Coat. It may have been a mistake to warp it up front to back  but I think the trouble would just have been moved downstream to the weaving if I had done it back to front. So there we are. One experiment not done but it is not the end of the earth. It was just curiosity and I can live without knowing the answer. Today I will warp up with lambs wool ready for the demos of next week. - after I have dealt with the post. The valuer has at long last produced a report - it has taken him 3 months and it is holding up probate. It would be nice to have that all over.
Yesterday I was in Leamington Spa with my daughter, Anne and her family. We all went out to a Lebanese lunch which was very good.


I have kept up with Jette Clover's method of doing a small collage every morning. This is what resulted from August. I liked one or two or them and definitely dislike a few, for example, the whole of the bottom row. The set has been laid out in date starting top left and ending bottom right. Does it do anything for me? At least I do one small piece of artwork every day. There is a new selection of paper and fabric in the wire basket for September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.