This is an Overshot sample where two slightly different drafts have been used with the same threading.
The Monk's Belt sample was shown previously
This is the BRONSON example, halfway through the tying up process. The photos say Monk's Belt but it was Bronson.
Both samples tied up. The use of a mercercised cotton for the pattern threads made the tying up process easy as it slipped through the weaving quite happily.
These samples were dyed using Catherine Ellis's instructions (her book 'Woven Shibori'') for Procion Mx. The colour used was red-brown. It took about 1.5 hours in all although I did not have to be present for all of the last hour.
I sat outside in the sunshine at the end and removed all the tying threads. This photo was taken with the dyed samples on the patio table. They are still damp and presumably the red-brown will be lighter when dry.
I think I prefer the Bronson especially P1.
I have used up the remnants of the dye bath of some tie-dyed cotton which has come out nicely. The bath still seems to be alive so I am wondered about another few bits of cotton!!