Friday 28 January 2011

Class Suggestions

Remember the piece I did not like and played about with in Photoshop? This is how it is now. It is only pinned into place and is hanging up at the end of the corridor.  The class reaction was interesting. Quite a few people liked the 'slice and displace vertically' one. Nobody liked the 'cut into quarters and add window frames'. So I cut out three sections from the original and spent a lot of time this morning placing these pieces on different colours of  background. The one I liked best was blue grey but the piece was not big enough so I hunted in the stash when back home and found this piece which sometime last year was crumpled up, tied tightly with string and put in an indigo dye bath.

Quite changed in character.


I need to write up my sketch book and will do that now.

Tomorrow is Weaving Class Day 2. I have rewritten the Lace Weave Handout, adding more detail on Spot Bronson and printed out nine copies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.