Friday 19 January 2018

Triumph!!

Triumph - but keep your fingers crossed! I think I have sorted the printer problem - without buying a new printer. I got in touch with Brother and was told that the maximum weight for my printer was 220 gsm and there was no through path and I had to use the paper tray. I had already tried 250gsm paper and it got stuck. It was too stiff to go round the very sharp bend inside the printer. But I wondered if 260 gsm canvas would be more flexible so bought 20 sheets. Firstly it is flexible and wraps nicely round a cover and secondly , wait for it, it went through the printer like a dream. Not a hiccup, not even a cough. Just one beautifully printed cover. Yoweee!!!!!

I currently have four books waiting for me to make covers and now I can get on with them!!

This week has been very odd. Wednesday I was in deepest Wiltshire at my bookbinding class with Lori Sauer. Great to be back with a group. Thursday I was in Oxford at the Ashmolean, looking at Islamic textiles and having lunch with my daughter, Anne. And collecting the account books for the Bookbinders AGM tomorrow. Today I am off to lino cutting. And on Sunday Ruth is coming round so we can make final plans for Iceland which is only a few days away. I do feel I have overdone this week. Next week I am only out on Friday so I will be bookbinding like mad. Mind you today should be good. I have cut a new block and will be trying it out today. It looks pretty good to me.

And oh yes, somewhere in all of this, there is a weaving study day for the Guild. I will be going for the first half of the day and then beetling off to my AGM.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.