Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Allotment coming into life!

I inspected the allotment today. The cordons are still firmly upright.

And the seeds I planted in early December are all germinating.

The upper photo shows a broad bean and the lower one shows cornflowers. There are cut-and-come-again lettuces as well.  All doing what they should.

I have been wrestling with a problem for my bookbinding. I like to create artwork in Photoshop, print it on to canvas and use the canvas as a book cover. I am down to three A3 sheets of canvas so - - . Well the place I got it years ago has gone out of business and I know it was about 220 gsm weight and that is the maximum for my inkjet printer. Can I find another supplier? Not of 220 gsm. 260 yes. I have asked Brother (my printer's manufacturer) what the max was and the official answer came back. It is still 220 gsm. Does that mean I have to buy another printer? Screams of rage and fury. So what I have done is buy a pack of 260gsm and, when it comes, I will try it out on the printer I have. If it does not work, I will set off miserably to buy another printer. I would not mind so much but there is nothing wrong with the printer I have. It makes a really good job of printing on photo paper. Grrrh!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.