Saturday 27 January 2018

Getting Ready

Tomorrow at 0800 am I leave for Iceland - for an eight day course in photography. I will be posting everyday so watch for my attempts at the Icelandic landscape. We are based in the north of Iceland and not touring around so no Blue Lagoon pics!! We have a list of 'you-must-brings' which is longer than anything I have ever seen before. Fortunately I bought most of the  stuff for the Silk Route trip in 2013. I did have trouble finding some of it and never found the head torch. The local DIY shop had a selection of three! What has surprised me is that I am taking twice as much luggage for 8 days as I usually do for 2 weeks!!

Today has been full of tidying up. Planting raspberries in the allotment was not on my list but they arrived yesterday with no email warning. But they are planted and lots of tidying up has been done. Most of the auriculas are now in the cold frames.

As to the garden itself, we have the big camellia in flower and the mahonia and the hellebores and one solitary daffodil.  And of course we have



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.