Tuesday 29 April 2014

The Last of the African Trees


The last two African trees have been finished and that's that. All six of them have all been based on photos of real trees but they do not always look likely. The one on the left I can live with but not the one on the right - but it did really have that branch structure.

Today I went into Worcester and took a long walk along the Worcester and Birmingham canal. Walking is more important than anything else at the moment. A minimum of 2 hours a day. Tomorrow I will walk over to the other side of town.


The top photo is a white trillium which has managed to have two flowers. This is a first for me. My trilliums have never before made it through the first three months with me never mind actually flower!!

The lower one is a species tree peony which I grew from seed. It just gets better every year. The flowers are about four inches across.

Off now to work on the Kennet Valley Guild project. I need to do some more towards assembly - and I need to make a cotton shirt before Saturday. So I will be up late tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.