Thursday 7 February 2013

Finished Four Colour DW

On the left is a composite photo of both sides of the Kennet Valley 4 colour Double Weave. There is about a metre of it which I intend to turn into a handbag. The colour difference is  real and I have not decided which side to use - or what pattern! I have a bag pattern in a book which is nearly what I want but seems a little more complicated than I like. I have looked at patterns on the web but see nothing remotely as good. Oh well. I will just have to make up this grand pattern. The fabric reminds me of a Turkish carpet. So I may use the darker side.
 
I would perfer to have a 4 colour double weave on the Megado. Lifting all the shafts is very tiring.
 
The KV loom has been tidied up and the warp tied on again, ready for giving to the next user on Saturday. I have the Voyager ready for weaving some more ikat but have realised that the Richter pieces have to be shown at the beginning of March so I will do that next.
 
 
This morning, the studio was turned out, carpet hoovered, things put away, projects examined and listed. I found a number of stencilled/printed pieces which I no longer want and must get rid of. I also found a lovely length of woven silk (120/2) which I had forgotten about. So I ended up making a list of all projects awaiting attention. I am not listing them here but in OUTLOOK. I had also forgotten that I bought some lovely Moorish style tiles in Spain. They had never even been unwrapped!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.