Friday 3 June 2011

Posters - and Completed Project or Two

 I remembered, not quite too late, that I had undertaken to create a set of posters for the Newbury Coat Re-enactment. The idea was create the artwork in Photoshop and get them printed off as A1 and laminated. I did this when I was working and we went to exhibitions in the States. Dead easy to roll up the posters and take them in the luggage. And they can be re-used.


People have been sending me data for these posters for some time and it was only when I realised that we were in June and these are needed for 25th June that I panicked.  So on Wednesday I did three and yesterday I did four, one of which was difficult because it meant scanning photographs of sheep and editting them - 77 of them, The results are above.

I have done seven and still have another six to do. No textile work at all except sorting out the Woven Shibori class and taking a photo of my work on an African theme. 

Oh well back to Photoshop. I am going out to see a friend on Clee Hill this afternoon so I need to get two or three done by lunchtime.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know where I could purchase the sheep poster? thanks, Terri
    www.Redbrickroadfarm.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.