Monday 20 May 2019

Making the Image

I have signed up for another photography course run o0n line from Vancouver. The tutor is David duChemin whom I have long admired. However  - - - - -. It lasts a year and most of the other students` work is very high class with the result that I spend most of my time grumbling to Dorothy. Well, I have had to stop grumbling because Dorothy got a bit exasperated.

As an example, this week's mission is to take photos each day for 30 minutes, pick 12 best and file them. Except I have not filed anything yet and am not likely to. Everyone else is marching to qa different drummer. So I choose a new venue each day and go and take photos. So I have done Ufton Nervet woods, Kennet and Avon Canal beside The Cunning Man, our garden, Hadleys, Junction11 in the M4. On the list are the Wokingham market and my lino cut class.

Hadleys is a strange place. A sort of dump/recycling and it is enormous and very strongly fenced and fortified.At this moment it has a load of dismantled cranes piled up which is fairly near the main gate. So I lurked at the open gate and took photos. Quite fun but I could do with getting inside.

The Jn 11 I have always wanted to visit. What I mean is the system of footbridges which enable people to get from Three Mile Cross to the business park at the entrance to Reading. Well I did my best. See below.



Junction 11 above


Hadleys

I would love to know what you thought














No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.