Friday 18 May 2018

Living with Jerry

This is not going to be a paean of praise or a collection of 'interesting things he has done' but a dissertation on how different reality is. I had expected that things like weaving and bookbinding would take a back seat for a few months but not so. I have accomplished far more than I would usually do. And I have worked out why . I save up jobs that have to be finished once started for when he is asleep. He does quite a bit of that so when he drops off,I start work, making phone calls, doing difficult bits of bookbinding, and so on. Weaving is easy and can be done when he is awake. Apart from occasion episode with the Schacht treadles. An object weighing 4kgs on the end of a treadle is enough to depress it, which is not helpful.

By careful planning, Dorothy and I am managing to continue doing things. Yesterday she spent the day at a quilting course, today I go printmaking so life has not changed that much. And in another two weeks, he will go with Tom to the dog sitter when we want to go to Wisley or a London exhibition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.