Saturday 9 September 2017

Leipzig

We stopped off at Sangerhausen to hear an organ recital but the rest of the day was spent being bussed around, ending up in Leipzig. Not helped by the bus driver backing into a stout metal post at the edge of the pavement. We made a detour to a bus depot and there were banging and drilling noises from the rear of the bus. And then we were off again.

As a result no photos but there will be today, I promise you. This is because we have a concert at ten and one at 2000 so in between is free. We walked about the centre last night and it is a big exuberant city with lots of very modern architecture and modern sculptures in the streets. I have seen several things I want to photograph. I will post these late afternoon. Tomorrow we go home, bus to Berlin, then flight to Heathrow. I might look for a lens I want in the airport. I looked in Heathrow on the way out but I was not sure it was the one I wanted. I found my notes on the lens later and it was and it was exactly the same cost as Wex photographic so I was right not to buy it. I was hoping to save at least a hundred pounds.

I have been thinking (always a bad thing, I hear you say). This time about weaving. It was triggered by two abstract paintings in the Bauhaus museum in Weimar




Two paintings at the Bauhaus museum. And they got me thinking about Nevinson and then as an extension, the thought 'could that be a weave'. So I have been playing with IWeaveIt on the iPad. I am very slow on this package because I use Fibreworks extensively. But slowly slowly and produce two or three drafts. What I was interested in was changing the treading so that the weft colour became more and more prominent and thus I could create sections with shaded colours. I cannot see a way of inserting graphics from the weaving software into this blog. So that will have to wait. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.