Tuesday 5 September 2017

Eisenach

Yesterday I started the day by wandering round Dresden taking 100 photos for my first assignment in the OCA course. Not all of architecture. Half of Dresden seemed to be having breakfast at a sunny cafe and the other half were running for trams.



And the trams


And then it was the end of the organ tour and half the group was bussed off to a Berlin to catch planes. The other half, including me, were put on an express train to a Eisenach to go on another Bach trip, this time of concert music. There will be two Passions later this week. I think it was a mistake for me to do this. I want to go home and think about the organ music. By the time I have sat through ten concerts, all memories of organs will be gone. 

And I am not sure I like this tour anyway. The organ tour had 22 participants. I am in one of three hotels here and there were over 120 people at dinner last night. The noise was horrendous. Conversation was very difficult. Well I will concentrate on the music and do without dinner. I have a packet of digestive biscuits for just this occasion. 



Note the train to the extreme left up a level.
I have been thinking about the cover of Duke Bluebeard's Castle again. I am not happy about a realist cover because the style does not go with that of the prints in the actual text. So I have been messing about with the Brushes app. Not that I am very good at it.


 The triangles would be much sharper in the final version and there would be fine white lines between the triangles. On the back cover,the triangles would have flown apart. It needs trying out with pieces of cut paper.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.