Sunday 21 August 2016

Villa at Santa Maria

The plane was very late getting to Milan and it wS twilight when we set driving north. Not helped by heavy rain. The villains spectacular with good views down to the lake. It was so late we feared that we go hungry to bed but no. The local hotel took us in, cosseted us and fed us with an extraordinary supper. This morning, the rain had stopped and the clouds were clearing.

View from my bedroom at 0730 am.
View at 1900 hours. Note there is not a cloud to be seen. 

The morning was spent tracking down a supermarket and in the afternoon we visited Menaggio which is the nearest (small) town. It is on the lake. There seemed to be a street music festival, leastways there were small groups of musicians performing under too small awnings.

There were also stalls on the lakeside selling tourist bling and nic-nacs and  about six selling food which we patronised, cheese and crystallised fruit.

Lots of sunshine and I shall sleep tonight. Tomorrow Anne and Madi are water boarding and I am going along as official photographer. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.