Sunday 14 August 2016

Mostly the Garden

I was so pleased with the space dyed yellow merino and the resulting weave that I decided to treat two skeins of blue merino (of the same make) in the same way.
 The dyes used were dark grey and red. The red has of course turned into purple but it is not very different from the dark grey and overall the effect is dark. The undyed skein is on the right. Nothing for it now but to try it out.
A photo of all the zinnias. Did I say I love zinnias? I grew them from seed as I did the daturas below.

And below is a photo of the greenhouse. Dominated at the moment by 36 delphinium plants but there are some seedlings of sweet william, rudbeckia and oriental poppies.
I have lots of photos of quilts but do not feel I can show them without the names attached which I have not got. It is nice to be home and sorting things out but I am off to Lake Como next Saturday. Which I am hoping will be restful but Anne is organising this trip and I fear that every day will be planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.