Thursday 9 June 2016

Bookbinding and lino-cuts

The result of binding four books in rapid succession is that I complained to the management about there not being enough space. I have been using a sliver of space in a small spare room which mostly held beds. The result was that the beds have gone, the furniture has been rearranged and a table introduction and all of a sudden I have wonderful space and do not hit my elbow on the wall every time I measure something. There is a cupboard over the stairs in that room and I cleared out, finding all sorts of things which I heaved in there last September and including a fabulous lino-cut, not done by me. So that will have to be framed.

However and much more important, I inspected all the lino-cut stuff and decided I did not like the prints made for the Lament for the Makars and abandoned that project. This morning, I did a baobab tree (photo taken in Namibia).

The prints are better but are all in the drying rack. Next week, there will be multi-coloured prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.