Wednesday 1 June 2016

Binding Textblocks

18 months ago, I bought 10 textblocks all ready for binding into notebooks. They are not sewn but glued. My intention was to bind them and give them as Christmas presents. That is still true but four of them have served another function. I have done them in a double binding as practise for binding Cider with Rosie. The first sample I used as a notebook for my auriculas (completed ten days ago). Three more were completed this evening.

Book cloth is used for the spine and paperbacked cotton for the showy bits. The outer two are just bought quilter's cotton but the central one was created by me at one of Raymer Gilman's classes, gold paint and all. She is a wonderful teacher. On one occasion she spotted me from the other side of the class holding up a piece of cloth and looking mournful and she yelled, 'Don't throw it out. Use it as a starting point for a new piece'. Quite something.

I reckon I am now ready to bind Cider with Rosie and will start tomorrow.

No remarks about health and there are not going to be any more. You, dear readers, must be as fed-up with the topic as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.