Wednesday 24 June 2015

Glastonbury

I am sitting in Anne's kitchen keeping out of the way. While those leaving for Glastonbury buzzing round me collecting things. Imodium, Savlon and cries for Ibuprofen. Anne has flowers in her hair, Madi has a very strange collection of clothes on and the pod has been mounted on the car.

I have brought over a loom and accessories, a laptop and drafts to be put into Fibreworks. I have pages of instructions to carry out. My duties include looking after caterpillars hatching into butterflies. This means feeding them nettles!

Yesterday I gave up on the 16/2 warp on the Meyer. The problem was that I could not see it no matter what collection of lights I assembled. So I wound a 10/2 warp and will try putting it on front to back. Anne's kitchen is full of sun shine and maybe it would have worked here but I am regretting selling my Voyager. The trouble is it only had 8 shafts and the Meyer has 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.