Monday 6 April 2015

Walking with a Camera

I have been attending a photography course at West Dean College over the Easter weekend. The introduction to this is that my daughter, Ruth, and I were at West Dean over Easter 2014 and talked to a lady who was attending said photography camera. We were so struck by what she said that we signed up for this year's course. The tutor lectured to us (not all that often) and then took us out into the countryside to practise composing photographs. So we had a lot of exercise but it was all overcast so the shots are not marvellous and my macro shots are better than my landscapes - which is what we were supposed to concentrate on.


 
On Sunday we went to Kingley Vale forest - the oldest remaining yew forest in England. The trees are more than 500 years old and are suitably gnarled.

 
I like the colours in the bark and can see me weaving something in these colours. I have been out today practising some more.
 
Not good- oh well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.