Thursday 14 March 2013

At last Jules Verne book

At last, the first of the two volume Jules Verne is finished. I am not supposed to boast but note the central positioning of the title on the spine. You have no idea how carefully I measured this all up - and it worked! This project has been around for about a year. I don't have to check my records because the photos of the shells were taken by me in Australia and the photos of the strawberry grouper were taken in Kuala Lumpur Wet Market!!The assembly and the whirlpool background were all done in Photoshop.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




This is a view of the endpapers which again were created by me in Photoshop.

Yesterday I spent from 0700 to 1300 hours and from 2000 to 2300 hours running three computers and backing up to DVDs, to Dropbox, to Google+. I have reached the end and the Linux machines will definitely be turned off soon. I have realised that I need to install Microsoft Office and Framemaker on the Windows machine I am going to use in future. Currently it has the scanner control software, Photoshop CS5 on it and ROXIO Create . So after a mug of tea, I will try to find the master disks for these programs.
 
Not much textiles happening at the moment. I am deciding what to do about further work on the Castlemorton Common pieces and how to mount them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.